Community Charter School of Cambridge (CCSC) combines challenging academics with creative use of technology and real-world experience to prepare a diverse student body, grades 6-12, for postsecondary success and productive citizenship. CCSC students are excellent problem solvers and communicators who contribute to their community through internships and other field experiences.
We welcome families from Cambridge to explore our school offering and to judge us by our successful results for students.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
CCSC is committed to being an actively anti-racist school and to dismantling systems of oppression, bias, and white supremacy culture wherever they exist. Professional development is team-based and includes an extensive focus on race and equity. Our Equity Working Group includes staff, families, and community members who meet monthly to address issues of inequity in the community. We work to ensure that our actions, policies, practices, and systems continually reinforce our belief that Black Lives Matter and consistently elevate the voices of students and families as active participants in building a school where they are celebrated and loved.
Read our public statement about Black Lives Matter here.
CCSC is undergoing a multi-year process to redesign our discipline system using restorative and culturally responsive approaches. We are grateful to the group of families and staff who formed a working group to collect and analyze data, research best practices, and chart this new path forward. Read the Call to Action from the Behavior Working Group here. CCSC is proud to work with the Center for Restorative Justice at Suffolk University for training and coaching. Learn more about restorative justice and their work here.
Our Commitment to Students and Parents
All CCSC Faculty and Staff agree to:
- Provide all students with challenging, engaging, college preparatory instruction that is aligned with the Massachusetts State Curriculum Frameworks.
- Consistently enforce the CCSC Code of Conduct in order to maintain a safe and supportive environment.
- Interact professionally with students and families, responding promptly to questions and concerns.
- Inform families of issues that might be affecting learning and work together to resolve them.
- Create a school culture that helps every student to be known well by several adults and where individual differences are respected and supported.
- Continuously improve the quality of CCSC’s teaching practices through ongoing professional learning and teacher coaching.
- Challenge, inspire, and support all students' growth and achievement.
- Model the values of courage, commitment, scholarship, and community in all of our actions.