Are you interested in getting involved with our community? Please explore some of the current opportunities below and reach out to the school with questions.
Host a Senior Intern:
All twelfth grade students are required to perform a 100-hour internship in a company or non-profit from February through May. Read more about our senior internship program here. If you know of a local organization that would be willing to consider a student for a meaningful internship, please contact Noelani Gabriel (firstname.lastname@example.org).
CCSC Writing Center:
CCSC's Writing Center provides individual support to high school students on academic assignments, personal and creative writing, resumes, cover letters, college essays, and more. Volunteers are welcome to come every week, once a month, or however best fits their schedule. Please contact Kathy Ennis (email@example.com) for more information.
After School Learning Center:
Learning Centers are staffed by CCSC faculty, but additional help is always welcome.
Male and Female Mentoring:
The mission of the CCSC Mentoring Program is to create a loosely-structured, yet safe, space for students to:
- Establish long-standing, authentic relationships with positive adult role models outside their typical adult relationships (i.e., parents, teachers, coaches).
- Cultivate the habits and perspective necessary for college success and long-term professional and personal fulfillment.
- Engage in vulnerable, honest dialog about the challenges they face in their journey to becoming mature, contributing family members, friends and leaders in their communities.
Mentoring is done in a group setting rather than one-on-one as we believe all participants can learn from each other.
Annual Opportunities to Volunteer:
- Roundtables participant (June)
- Career Speaking with 10th graders (varies)
- College Interview Prep (fall and winter)
- Senior Internship Project Judge (May or June)
- College Essay Boot Camp (fall)